How We Help You
- Full assessment
- Advice & self care
- Maintenance sessions
- Fully qualified & insured
- Not only do we treat your symptoms, our aim is to find the cause of your problem in order to prevent it recurring. We tailor your care to incorporate recovery, rehabilitation and to teach you how to maintain the optimal health of your body in the future.
Sports Therapy & Massage Clinic
We can help with the prevention of injury and, when necessary, the rehabilitation of an individual back to optimum levels of fitness, both on a daily functional and occupational basis, as well as on a sports specific level, - regardless of age and ability. Whether you need treatment for a sports injury, relief from chronic pain or simply want to relax, we can help!
Although massage is generally thought of as a complementary therapy, it is now being acknowledged by healthcare professionals as a genuine method of treating back pain. Now, we are not talking about your usual gentle relaxing massage. In fact treatment is often anything but. It is very “medical” and our only aim is to stop your back pain, meaning sometimes the treatment is a little uncomfortable. Most clients feel their pain and stifness reduced in their first treatment and then continued success thereafter.
What Causes Back Pain
Most of our back troubles happen occur because of bad habits, generally developed over a long period of time. These bad back habits include:
- Poor posture
- Overexertion in work and play
- Sitting incorrectly at the desk or at the steering wheel
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting things carelessly
Sometimes, the effects are immediate, but in many cases back problems develop over time. One of the more common types of back pain comes from straining the bands of muscles surrounding the spine. Although such strains can occur anywhere along the spine, they happen most often in the curve of the lower back. The next most common place is at the base of the neck. Sometimes backaches occur for no apparent reason. This is called non-specific backache. It may develop from weakened muscles that cannot handle everyday walking, bending, and stretching. In other cases, the discomfort seems to come from general tension, lack of proper sleep, and / or stress.
About The Therapists
Paul Child is a qualified Clinical Sports Therapist and has worked in the health and fitness industry since 1991. Paul’s early career was spent in London where he worked with many professional sports people recovering from injury and surgeries. After relocating to Yorkshire Paul spent several years working in a clinic environment and has trained and rehabilitated people from all walks of life.
- 1 hour Full Body Massage - £32.00
- 1/2 Hour Back, Neck, Shoulder Massage - £20.00
- 1/2 Hour Sports Massage - £20.00
- 1/2 Hour Sports Injury Clinic - £20.00